Fuel Jockey (Full-Time/Part-Time)
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The Fuel Jockeys’ main responsibility is to provide service to our diesel customers at Kwik Fill Truck Stops or Kwik Fill Mini Truck Stops.
Position Description - Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Offer appropriate customer service.
- Greet all customers with a smile and hello.
- Suggest merchandise purchases to all customers.
- Promptly fuel diesel trucks with the specified amount of fuel.
- Will ask, and confirm, with all customers at the fuel island their intended purchase.
- Gasoline or Diesel Products
- Clean all windshields and check oil levels if requested by the customer.
- Report any problems or potential problems to the acting shift supervisor.
- Maintain the diesel islands and assist in the store as necessary, in accordance with maintenance policies, and conform to any required Health Department rules and regulations. To accomplish this, these tasks may include but are not limited to, replacing gas nozzles and hoses, changing pump filters, sweeping parking lots, picking up trash on the store property, emptying trash cans, keeping store shelves clean and stocked and fronted, and cleaning restrooms and floors.
- Following all security and safety policies and procedures.
- Account for all shift and daily transactions.
- Always present a neat and clean appearance.
- Wears any required work dress code clothing.
- Learn and complete, with accuracy, store required paperwork.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Store Manager or District Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to multi-task
- Organizational and communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Basic math skills
- While performing the duties of this job, works in a typical retail convenience store setting.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Incumbents must be able to lift up to fifty pounds.
- Bending and twisting
- Standing, walking, or sitting for prolonged periods
Required Education and Experience
- Knowledge of diesel engines is helpful but not required.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Loading . . .
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: PDX_KF_BBC86533-C090-40A2-8586-93A4813CB23B_22081850