Food Service Worker (Full-time/Part-time)
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The Food Service Worker shares the responsibility for the department’s operations with the store to ensure safe food handling while attending to customers’ needs as well as adhering to company operating policies.
Position Description - Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Offer appropriate customer service.
- Greet all customers with a smile and hello.
- Suggest merchandise purchases to all customers.
- Operate all food service equipment safely and efficiently in a manner that conforms to company policy.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment and adhere to the cleaning schedule for the
- department which includes, floors, walls, sub prep area, pizza prep area, and all equipment.
- Maintain proper sanitation in compliance with Kwik Fill policies, health department regulations, and other government agencies.
- Communicate with management all customer complaints, safety concerns, and violations of laws and company policies.
- Following all security and safety policies and procedures.
- Always present a neat and clean appearance by following the company dress code. Aprons are to be worn as well as a hat or visor, gloves, name tag, and a hair restraint to pull back long hair.
- Facial hair over ½ inch in length will need to be covered.
- Follow the necessary levels and build-ups of products available for sale, to maximize sales while
- still maintaining company levels and goals.
- Ensure that all products are coded, rotated, and have the proper date, time, and initials (Cold
- foods, hot foods, roller grill items, cooler and freezer products).
- Pulling outdated or aged products for proper waste sheet recording and disposal.
- Adhere to all company policies contained in the policy manual and food service manual.
- Responsible to record temperature logs every 4 hours that the location is open.
- Remain current on all new food service programs.
- Present or reinforce an image that will not be detrimental to Kwik Fill’s name.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Store Manager or District Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to multi-task
- Organizational and communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work flexible hours
While performing the duties of this job, works in a typical retail restaurant setting.
- Incumbents must be able to lift up to fifty pounds.
- Bending and twisting
- Standing, walking, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Programs/Equipment Used
- Prior food service experience helpful but not required
- Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent