Pay Rates: Minimum Pay: $17.40 per hour and Max Pay: $19.40 per hour.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees within the Food Service Department as well as the Store.
The Deli Manager shares responsibility for the store’s food management operation with the store management. The Food Service Department Director and Food Service Managers will provide support in training recommendations and ensure compliance with company food service policies and procedures regarding food products and recipes, food store inspection, and general food safety compliance.
Position Description - Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Manage daily activities of employees to improve sales performance.
- Supervise employees in various duties such as cooking, serving, packaging, and operating counters.
- Manage product storage, maintenance, and rotation activities to avoid any damages or spoilages.
- Assists the Manager in the preparation and completion of food product inventory and sales budgets to meet department goals.
- Schedules and assigns job duties for associates.
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, and training associates.
- Provide training to staff on company policies and sales guidelines.
- Respond to queries and complaints from customers.
- Ensure employees follow company policies and store rules.
- Ensure that products are properly labeled with prices and dates.
- Monitor and maintain stock inventory levels to avoid over and under-stock problems.
- Operate and maintain all food preparation machines and equipment.
- Receive, unload, and stock food items.
- Adheres to state-specific sanitary inspection guidelines regarding sanitary facilities and controls, food storage and protection, equipment utensils, hygiene, and food handler activities.
- Wears and enforces any required dress code to include, including hats, hair nets, closed toes shoes, gloves, etc.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Manager, Assistant Manager, Food Service Manager, Director of Food Service, or District Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Requires a new hire candidate to present a valid certification from a nationally recognized food manager certified program OR become certified within 30 days of employment. Current employees must be food certified prior to promotion into the Deli Manager classification.
- National exam programs are those approved by ANSI (American Standards Institute) using the Conference of Food Protection certified food protection manager standards.
- Ability to multi-task
- Organizational and communication skills
- Mechanical skills
- While performing the duties of this job, works in a typical retail convenience store setting.
- Incumbent must be able to lift up to fifty pounds
- Bending and twisting
- Standing, walking, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Various types of food preparation equipment
- Coffee, cappuccino, beverage dispensers, and creamer machines
- Refrigeration cases, freezers, and condensers
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or greater
- 1-2 years of experience in a food service position
- Certification in Sure Food Manager Workshop through RTO, or approved equivalent. (See Qualifications)