Pay Rates: Minimum Pay: $11 per hour and Max Pay: $13 per hour.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The custodial/maintenance position works with the Truck Stop Management team to be on alert for any potential maintenance issues, regular maintenance/cleaning schedules, and general cleaning of the truck stop and adjacent buildings.
Position Description - Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Price, stock, and face merchandise. Stocking merchandise includes gondolas, shelving, counters, walk-in coolers, upright coolers, and backroom storage areas.
- Manage product storage, maintenance, and rotation activities to avoid any damage or spoilage. At times this may entail lifting a weight of 50lbs or more to accomplish certain stocking requirements.
- Maintain the store in accordance with maintenance policies and conform to any required Health Department rules and regulations.
- Daily tasks may include but are not limited to, replacing gas nozzles and hoses, changing pump filters, sweeping parking lots, picking up trash on the store property, emptying trash cans, keeping store shelves clean and stocked and fronted, and cleaning restrooms and floors, replacing ceiling tiles.
- Prioritizes duties for work.
- Following all security and safety policies and procedures.
- Always present a neat and clean appearance.
- Wear any required work dress code clothing.
- Assist with other operations of the truck plaza when needed.
- Be alert to safety issues and correct them.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Store Manager or District Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- High school diploma, GED
- Not afraid of heights
- Ability to multi-task
- Organizational and communication skills
- Prior custodial/maintenance experience preferred, not required
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge of the mechanical workings of showers, faucets, and general maintenance functions
- While performing the duties of this job, works in a typical retail convenience store/ truck plaza setting.
- Incumbents must be able to lift up to fifty pounds.
- Bending and twisting
- Standing, walking, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Working on ladders