Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The Cook’s responsibilities include following instructions relating to the timely preparation of food orders and to ensure the highest quality service and experience for the customer.
Cooks are required to work with the kitchen staff to keep the kitchen organized and running smoothly and efficiently. They must ensure that proper food handling, sanitation, and all food storage procedures are being followed.
Position Description - Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Prepares and assembles menu item ingredients according to company recipes.
- Operates and maintains all food preparation machines and equipment.
- Responsible to clean and sanitize all food preparation areas.
- Learn and operate the cash register and additional required equipment with accuracy.
- Manage product storage, maintenance, and rotation activities to avoid any damage or spoilage. At times this may entail lifting a weight of 50lbs or more to accomplish certain stocking requirements.
- Follow all security and safety policies and procedures.
- Always present a neat and clean appearance.
- Wears and enforces any required dress code to include, including hats, hair nets, closed toes shoes, gloves, etc.
- Learn and complete, with accuracy, store required paperwork for the Cook position.
- Perform basic food preparation of salads, sandwiches, fryers, and grill items.
- Understand and comply with portion requirements regarding ingredients as well as serving portion requirements.
- Follow all temperature requirements for all cooking equipment to ensure a properly temped meal is prepared and served, as well as the recording of temperatures as required.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Store Manager or District Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- High School diploma
- Two (2) years prior food service experience or two (2) years of technical school.
- Maintain excellent personal hygiene, knowledge of food preparation, and serving safe food.
- Must present a valid certification from a nationally recognized food manager-certified program OR become certified within 30 days of employment. Current employees must be food-certified prior to promotion into the Cook classification.
- National exam programs are those approved by ANSI (American Standards Institute) using the Conference of Food Protection certified food protection manager standards.
- Ability to multi-task
- Organizational and communication skills
- Mechanical skills
- While performing the duties of this job, works in a typical retail convenience store/restaurant setting.
- Incumbents must be able to lift up to fifty pounds.
- Bending and twisting
- Standing, walking, or sitting for prolonged periods
- Various types of food preparation equipment
- Coffee, cappuccino, beverage dispensers, and creamer machines
- Refrigeration cases, freezers, and condensers