8Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The Cashier/Attendant position, in absence of Store Management, is responsible for operating the store, and attending to customers’ needs while adhering to company operating policies.
Position Description - Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Offer appropriate customer service.
- Greet all customers with a smile and hello.
- Suggest merchandise purchases to all customers.
- Learn and operate the cash register and additional required equipment with accuracy.
- Price, stock, and face merchandise. Stocking merchandise includes gondolas, shelving, counters, walk-in coolers, upright coolers, and backroom storage areas.
- Manage product storage, maintenance, and rotation activities to avoid any damage or spoilage. At times this may entail lifting a weight of 50lbs or more to accomplish certain stocking requirements.
- Maintain the store in accordance with maintenance policies and conform to any required Health Department rules and regulations. To accomplish this, these tasks may include but are not limited to, replacing gas nozzles and hoses, changing pump filters, sweeping parking lots, picking up trash on the store property, emptying trash cans, keeping store shelves clean and stocked and fronted, and cleaning restrooms and floors.
- Following all security and safety policies and procedures.
- Account for all shift and daily transactions.
- Always present a neat and clean appearance.
- Wears any required work dress code clothing.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Store Manager or District Manager.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to multi-task
- Organizational and communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work flexible hours
- While performing the duties of this job, works in a typical retail convenience store setting.
- Fast-paced environment
- Incumbents must be able to lift up to fifty pounds.
- Bending and twisting
- Standing, walking, or sitting for prolonged periods
- POS/cash register experience helpful
- Adding machine
- General office equipment
- Desktop Computers/Laptop Computer and Tablets
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent