Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, contractors, and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
The Assistant Store Manager shares responsibility for the store’s operations with the Store Manager. Along with the District Manager and the Retail Training Department will provide support in training, including but not limited to, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, paperwork being completed as required, training for all associates being monitored, and state and federal training being taken and being followed.
Position Description - Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Manage daily activities of employees to improve sales performance.
- Assist in the training and motivation of all store personnel.
- Offer appropriate customer service.
- Greet all customers with a smile and hello.
- Suggest merchandise purchases to all customers.
- Learn and operate the cash register and additional required equipment with accuracy.
- Price, stock, and face merchandise. Stocking merchandise includes gondolas, shelving, counters, walk-in coolers, upright coolers, and backroom storage areas.
- Manage product storage, maintenance, and rotation activities to avoid any damage or spoilage. At times this may entail lifting a weight of 50lbs or more to accomplish certain stocking requirements.
- Maintain the store in accordance with maintenance policies and conform to any required Health Department rules and regulations. To accomplish this, these tasks may include but are not limited to, replacing gas nozzles and hoses, changing pump filters, sweeping parking lots, picking up trash on the store property, emptying trash cans, keeping store shelves clean and stocked and fronted, and cleaning restrooms and floors.
- Following and enforcing all security and safety policies and procedures.
- Account for all shift and daily transactions.
- Always present a neat and clean appearance.
- Wears and enforces any required dress code.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the Store Manager or District Manager.
- Required to work at least two (2) nights per week and three (3) weekends per month.
The Assistant Manager is held responsible for all cash and inventories during the absence of the Store Manager. All overages and shortages are to be reported to the Store Manager immediately.
Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Dependable, independent transportation that does not rely on a third party.
- A working phone number through which the Store Management and Staff can contact you.
- Ability to multi-task
- Organizational and communication skills
- While performing the duties of this job, works in a typical retail convenience store setting.
- Incumbents must be able to lift up to fifty pounds.
- Bending and twisting
- Standing, walking, or sitting for prolonged periods
- POS/cash register experience helpful
- Adding machine
- General office equipment
- Desktop Computers/Laptop Computer and Tablets
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior convenience store experience is helpful but not required.